We collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Platform, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account, conducting a transaction, commenting on a blog post or reviewing a product.
Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, billing and other information used to process an order and send you the items you purchased. If needed, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates) can be provided as well.
- You may also provide us with other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in blog posts, community discussions, and chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- You may provide us with your name and contact information when you register for an event on our website or in our store.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Note: M-System does not collect credit card or other financial information from you; that information is collected directly by our trusted third party payment processing partners. On occasion, for some international customers we may require bank account information.
NOTE: If you give us Personal Information about someone else, including pictures of them, their name, their e-mail address, etc., on our social media Platforms, e-views and comments on our websites, you must do so only if you have that person's consent to provide us with that information. You should direct them to this policy, so that they are informed about how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their Personal Information.
Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
Personal Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
- For more information about our use of these technologies, and how to control them, see section on Cookies (Section I).
Personal Information we collect from third parties
On occasion we might collect Personal Information from third parties such as tradeshows or email lists to market our products and services to you. This information is usually limited to name, email address and, rarely, mailing addresses.
Under the GDPR, residents and nationals of the EEU have the following data rights:
Right to be informed: You have a right to know how and what Personal Data we collect from you and what we use it for. You will find that information in this policy.
Right to request access: You have the right to request access to the Personal Data held about you, to obtain confirmation that it is being processed, and to obtain certain prescribed information about how we process it.
Right to object applies to the processing of your Personal Data where it is based on Legitimate Interests and where your data is processed for direct marketing or processed for the purposes of collating statistical information.
Right to restrict processing or 'block' the use of your Personal Data, for instance where you believe your Personal Data is not accurate (until the accuracy can be verified).
Right to Erasure: The right to have your Personal Data erased, also known as the "right to be forgotten", enables you to request the deletion or removal of Personal Data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. Requests for erasure may be refused in some circumstances such as where the Personal Data must be retained to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to rectification: You have the right to request to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed in certain circumstances.
The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your Personal Data for your own purposes across different services; to move copy or transfer your Personal Data easily from one environment to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to usability.
You may exercise your rights in relation to automated decision making in circumstances which have a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right allows individuals in certain circumstances to access certain safeguards against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken solely without human intervention. In specific instances, you have the right to request human intervention and an explanation of the automated decision, and you may be able to challenge that decision. If you are a resident or national of the European Economic Area (EEA) and would like to exercise your individual data subject access rights, please contact our Compliance team using the details at the top of this policy.